Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mango Mania!

I admit it, I am ignorant. I am ignorant when it comes to mangoes. Living in the West, I only knew of one type of mango and they came from Mexico. Sometimes they are sweet and other times bitter. I used to hear tales about all the types of mangoes there were in India but it all seem so far-fetched to me. I was never one of those kids who went back to India every summer or even every few years. So when my dad would tell us stories about how he would steal mangoes from the farmers or sit on the porch with his family eating buckets of varied mangoes, it seemed like something out of a Bollywood movie or a National Geographic special.  But alas, the universe found a way to relieve me of my ignorance. Here, in Saudi Arabia where time seems to stand still, it is Mango Mania 2011!!






So many mangoes to choose from! All shapes, sizes, and various degrees of deliciousness! Yummy!

Which one is your favorite?

Cheers!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment